The Statutes Amendment (Decriminalisation of Sex Work) Bill 2018, introduced into the SA Parliament by Greens MLC Tammy Franks, is shocking in its open slather approach.
The proposed law would:
• Allow soliciting on any street;
• Permit brothels to operate anywhere – even next to schools, childcare centres, churches & homes;
• Provide a legal “defence” for people who inadvertently provide sexual services to minors;
• Place no restrictions on advertising of sexual services anywhere;
• Remove any right to “discriminate” against sex workers – including by employers and landlords;
• Severely weaken police investigative powers; and
• Force local councils to provide the only possible oversight of brothels and streetwalking – with minimal powers and resources.
YOU can do something to stop it!
Take action today to protect vulnerable women from this ‘trade’.
Simply fill out the form to send an email to all 22 members of SA's Legislative Council. It only takes a minute.
Please note: this campaign is only open to residents of South Australia.